Interview With Terry Da Rapman (We the realest hustlers next to Indians and the Chinese) - AFRIKTAINMENT MEDIA

AFRIKTAINMENT MEDIA

DIGITAL MARKETING | MUSIC PREMIERES |MUSIC PLUG | EVENTS | TOURS | ENT. MANAGEMENT

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Interview With Terry Da Rapman (We the realest hustlers next to Indians and the Chinese)


NOTE: In this interview shorthand writing "ACTIVATED", so don't LOL


Afrik:  we finally got the Beans man, a very bad free stylist. He is no other person but terry da rap man, sup brov nice having you on board our aircraft  

Terry: Yeah wsup?

Afrik: So tell us briefly, who is Mr. Terry befor we go further

Terry: Terry Madaki is my real name,Tiv by tribe,1st born of 3 siblings. Nassarawa state origin,my stage name goes as Terry tha Rapman, ‎​Cool guy but I transform onstage. ‎​2 sum1 else I don't know

Afrik: I can imagin (smile), let's start from how it all started,let us a little about your past and then we hit you hard with the present and the future.

Terry: I always grew up lissening 2 music my parents played around d house,from Fela to Micheal Jackson. I grew up in Kaduna n our family was not dat rich but not dat poor,we always got by and music was my escape from harsh realities. I discovered Hiphop at my teens 14/15, L.L Cool J was a major influence tho. I recorded a couple of demos n kept recording thru higher institution till I got a record deal n started officially

Afrik: So let's go to the BEANS, honestly what was behind the BEANS

Terry: Its actually called Na Beans? Which in pidgin literally means Sumthing dats not easy 2 do,like 'Na beans' 2 do this or dat? In d song I was basically tryin 2 address critics saying Rap music was 4 d illiterate or drop outs when on d contrary it takes an intelligent mind 2 rap. I had no idea it would become a rap classic when I recorded it tho.

Afrik: ‎​Hmm, Na Beans?

Terry: ‎​No be beans!

Afrik: And back to the recent and creative album BoIz ArE nOt SmIliNg, ‎​Great tracks, wonderful productions and lovely features. How long did the project take you to achieve 

Terry: ‎​It took a year honestly,it was half way into recording d BANS album I realised how much people had bn anticipating this album esp after we released d 1st single Sample Remix feat Pherowshuz n Stereoman. So I had 2 record a lot of songs like twenty sumthing n select the best 16. Sum where sounding old as time went n we had 2 rework the beat cuz I didn't just want another Rap album but a classic dat listeners can still listen 2 ten years from now. A lotta rappers just cash in on the present,not me.

Afrik: Wow, funny enuf, I was kindof suprised wen I logon the net and saw Terry Da Rap Man ft. Terry G (smile), OJORO, tell us, was it difficult blending to his kindof styl cos you got so many peeps speechless wen it came out (includin me)

‎​Really? I wonder why cuz if ur a true Rapman fan u would know I'm a very diverse emcee. With tracks like Na beans and Only 4 Naija u could see my being able 2 switch from rapping in plain English 2 Pidgin. With Terry G,fans had been asking 4 a collabo even an album collabo becuz of our namesakes I guess. So I hollered at him,he asked me 2 come over 2 the studio and the chemistry worked,within an hour we had a song.

Afrik: Hmm, intresting. So what's up for 2011? What should your fans (including me (smile) expect

Terry: ‎​The T shirt line will be launched officially,I was caught up promoting the album throughout ending of last year but this year,I have partnered with some investors 2 push it both nationwide and internationally because the demand is massive! We plan 2 do a nationwide BANS tour then abroad. I plan 2 shoot a couple of new videos,Boyz don hammer cuz its has become a hit song then Ojoro feat Terry G and Otiya Were feat MI. Plus a movie is in the works. I have a busy year,boyz are def not smiling.

Afrik: My boss jst made a funny request, to ask you when will boys start smiling

Terry: Boyz are not smiling,even when we're smiling. U dig? Its not about the facial expression,its the state of mind. The hustling state of mind,if you were probably born with a silverspoon n u never had 2 hustle a day in ur life then good 4 u. I represent those who started from nowhere 2 sumwhere,the average young Nigerian with a dream,overcoming all obstacles.its about being serious with ur business,positively.

Afrik: You are very correct. Terry we thank you very very much for time and we pray you keep the making your fans proud and wish you a lovely 2011

Terry: Thank you,God bless Nigeria. We the realest hustlers next to Indians and the Chinese. Let's not fight cuz there's money 2 be made,peace! Boyzarenotsmiling! Peace in Jos!
‎​*in Martin Luther King voice*
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages