Interview With The CEO SKP (2011 will certainly be comfortable for us @ SKP) - AFRIKTAINMENT MEDIA

AFRIKTAINMENT MEDIA

DIGITAL MARKETING | MUSIC PREMIERES |MUSIC PLUG | EVENTS | TOURS | ENT. MANAGEMENT

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Interview With The CEO SKP (2011 will certainly be comfortable for us @ SKP)




NOTE: In this interview shorthand writing "ACTIVATED", so don't LOL



Afrik: We start dis beautiful weekend with a leaving legend, some call him the father of entertainment while others call him the SKP, but we call him Uncle Sam, its a great honor having you here sir

Sam: ‎​Thank u for having me.

Afrik: Thank you too sir, let's start as usual by letting the world know who the famous Uncle Sam is (inside and outside entertainment)

Sam: ‎​I am a lawyer. Was a law teacher,editorial board member and columnist of Daily Independent but couldn't cope when I moved to Abuja in 2007. I dropped the teaching and stopped writing. I was the Snr Special Assistant to Senator Aliero at the FCTA. I returned to private legal practice when my boss lost his job.   Although I still have my law firm at the 6th Floor of Madilas Building in Lagos, I mostly in Abuja trying to give a footing to my practice. I am also the CEO of Sam Kargbo Productions which is into entertainment generally and aspiring to establish a radio station and hopefully follow it up a TV station. I am married to my beautiful and wonderful wife,Stella Samuel Kargbo and we are blessed with two sets of twins. The twins have rejuvenated the family . Of course u know that I am father to XProject and Uncle to many other young men and women. I was 50 on Jan 1. That's me except if u want me to add that I love fun and admire hard working and honest individuals. I hate cheats and dishonest individuals or persons. Money is never a factor in my relationship or association with people. I respect each and every living soul but detest people who devalue themselves.I like knowing people around me or that I associate with. The knowledge or intelligence that I gather about them enables me to figure out the sort of assistance they may require from me. I never use such knowledge against them except for those that into roguish business: U can hardly catch me with a criminal minded person.

Afrik: ‎​Wow, sir (am speechless for the first time) but I no go gree sha (smile), let's face the music aspect of you. Your artist have been doing great in the industry (Styl Plus, X-Project, Azadus, Caku Republic, Cee Jay, Wahid and DX3), its 2011 now sir, what do they have for us

Sam: ‎​X Project have 16 new songs. I however want to have some of the remixed and mastered in Germany before shooting the promotional videos. We are writing the scripts for the videos and looking for good hands to storyboard some of them. We want to prepare very well this time around before shooting the videos. Azadus has 6 ready and is still recording. Styl Plus aslso have 6 songs ready and we have released two of their songs  as singles. Caku Republic have a complete album and are only waiting for the promotional videos. They are new so we cannot afford to go to town with the wrong foot. Cee Jay and Wahid have finished recording their respective albums and have returned to Sierra Leoneto promote them. DX3 would coming to Nigeria this month to shoot their promotional videos. So in a word we are ready for the world.2011 will certainly be comfortable for us @ SKP. I am reinventing XProject. They are moving away from the Lori le box to a universal brand. We believe that 9ja has been good to us but we deserve a piece of the international pie. We are brightening the singing prowess of Styl Plus. The industry is yearning for authentic singers and I am saying that we have them in Styl Plus and as I have mentioned we want to participate at world stage. Caku Republic is our joker: 2 handsome men and a sexy diva is a delicious package. The Swag DX will throw up a new challenge and of course Cee Jay will continue to be the leading Salone brand. Wahid will impose himself on the music scene in Sierra Leone.

Afrik: ‎​If I may ask sir, how do you cope with all these great artist (financial aspect) cos they are well known artist n it takes a lot to still keep them ontop of their game

Sam: ‎​I agree with u it is a big challenge. Thankfully God has been most merciful and helpful. When u know the cost of recording a good song, u can imagine the cost of recording 7 albums in a year. That's one reason why after God my wife takes all. She is gift to me. Not many of her type are out there. She tolerates and ignores a lot. Some other women would have divorced me for being what I am.

Afrik: ‎​Yes, she deserves the praise. Sir, you have actually said it all funny enough but would love to ask one more question (embarrassing q), which is our culture. Do you still club and how often if yes?

Sam: ‎​I still club but am slowing down on drinking. And please don't ask if I womanise because I don't. Hate the idea of girls dishonouring old men.

Afrik: (Smile), this is the first time we are having an honest answer in our embarrassing questions segment. sir for making US speechless in this interview, we would like to say thank you once again for giving us the privilege of stealing your time and from Afriktainment Media we wish you and your artist a sucessful 2011

Sam: U are welcome
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages